Available as Brownish red flakes, this is easily soluble in water. Chromic acid is a strong acid and oxidizing agent. When neutralized with alkalies, chromic acid forms dichromate or chromate compounds. In oxidation reactions, the chromium atom is reduced from the hexavalent to trivalent state.It is hygroscopic in nature.
– Chromic acid is an intermediate in chromium plating and is also used in ceramic glazes, and colored glass.
– It can be used to clean laboratory glass ware, particularly of otherwise insoluble organic residues
– Chromic acid has also been widely used in the band instrument repair industry, due to its ability to “brighten” raw brass.
– As wood preservative
– A strong oxidizing agent finding application in organic synthesis.
– For preparation of other chrome chemicals of analytical grades.
– Store in cool and dry places and tightly closed.
– Keep away from sunlight and heat sources.- Store in a cool, dry, well-ventilated place away from combustible materials.
– It is very harmful to skin and eye. After contact with skin and eye wash immediately with water
– Avoid breathing the dust.
– Don’t ingest & don’t breathe gas/fumes/vapors/spray
– Wash hands and legs thoroughly after handling.
– Never add water to this product.
– In case of sufficient ventilation wear suitable respiratory equipment.
– 25 kg, 50 kg steel drums with locking ring. Then palletized and stretch wrapped.
|Free flowing crystalline flake of homogenous consistency and red color.|
|99.5 - 99.7 % Min.|
Sulphate (as SO4)
|0.1 % Max.|
Water Insoluble matter
|0.02 % Max.|